The Senior BA is the primary contact between the business unit Subject Matter Experts and other teams, including 3rd party vendors to elicit, analyze, validate, document, communicate and manager high-level requirements for various programs and projects. These projects will mostly be initiatives to implement a customer website or enterprise level portals, requiring work efforts and collaboration across various lines of business and corporate functions within the Company, as well as 3rd party vendors. The Senior BA must understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and plays the lead role in providing direction, oversight, and coordination to high-level requirements management. Works towards measuring effectiveness and impact of change to the business.
The Senior BA works on project documentation of requirements to ensure the development and quality assurance teams can execute effectively and without blockages surrounding the requirements. The Senior BA uses, promotes and supports the effective execution and evolution of requirements management best practices for agile and waterfall methodology projects and supports the Company’s efforts in executing an agile environment and robust CMS solutions foundation.
The Senior BA routinely performs the following duties as directed by Company management and project requirements:
- Building the foundation for the development effort by capturing the business context - the problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Developing requirements (business, user and software requirements - both functional and nonfunctional) and establishing traceability to the business vision
- Managing the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team
- Playing a critical communications role by interacting with user (business domain) and with developers and testing team members (technical domain)
- Ensuring the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are actionable, measureable, understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Ability to navigate the IT team and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; building organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements in an efficient manner
- Working with the project manager and the business customers to define requirements stakeholders, requirements conflict resolution procedures and the requirements team structure
- Understanding the software development approach being used and defining how the requirements development will be conducted (i.e. elicitation, analysis, specification and validation)
- Proficient requirement meeting facilitator, demonstrated experience in facilitating sessions (5 - 10 people) using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle
- Writing and reviewing business, user and non-functional / system level requirements
- Responsible for ensuring change control and management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements
- Understanding the business case and project scope
- Works with the project team to determine appropriate test plans, deployment plans and supports the product launch
- Participates in the Quality Inspection process for all requirements
- Works to set correct customer expectations through project execution process and makes sure additional requirements are captured and documents and team are aware of all changes made
- Collaborate with the team in the overall solution design to close the gap between the “As-is” and “To-be” state with requirements and change management needs
- Plan and facilitate required internal and external project meetings as directed by project requirements
- Perform critical analysis of client business situations to develop recommendations and conclusions
- Contribute to estimates of work and time required to complete projects and features
- Create and review project documents and ensure they are complete, accurate, current and stored appropriately, including use cases, user stories or other models as appropriate to describe and document client business scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area
- 5+ years experience driving business objectives, delivering software implementations and / or software development projects working in all phases of the SDLC
- 2+ years of client management experience with the ability to build relationships as a trusted advisor with good judgement and a willingness to be honest and candid in tough situations
- Experience delivering business analysis, functional and technical project artifacts including Use Cases, User Stories, Requirements Definitions, Process Definitions, User Interface Design, Automated Test Scripts, Test Strategy, Test Case, Prioritization Matrix, ROI Model, etc.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills with a focus on detail and quality
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Action oriented and a team player with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic, matrix management organization
- Capable of building strong relationships
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Experience employing planning, task organization and task estimation methods
- Strong experience with project tools such as Jira, Confluence, TFS and Excel
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with Sitecore CMS, considered a plus
- Previous experience working in an agile environment, considered a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and filing cabinets.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The days and hours of work for our US headquarters are Monday through Friday, with core hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Brainjocks offers flex hours which includes Friday afternoons off.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Some overseas travel may be necessary.